The NJ Chapter of ASID established this Memorial Scholarship to assist talented NJ graduate and undergraduate students of Interior Design in meeting their educational costs. This Scholarship seeks to encourage and support the professional development of tomorrow’s designers.
$750.00 is to be awarded to each of the 3 finalists. The jury has the right not to award the scholarship if it determines that the entries do not meet acceptable standards.
Open to any ASID New Jersey Chapter student member (independent or chapter).
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of two primary criteria:
- Academic and creative accomplishments as demonstrated by academic transcripts and letters of recommendation by faculty; and
- Financial need, based on needs statement.
Application Deadline: December 21st, 2016 by midnight
Winners’ Awards: February or March 2017 ASID NJ Chapter Program Meeting
Note: APPLICANTS MUST BE PRESENT AT THE ASID NJ Chapter February or March 2017 Program Meeting (details to be announced) TO RECEIVE AWARD
ASID NJ Chapter Members (Professional and Allied) and Industry Partners will judge applications. The decision of the jury is final.
How to Enter
Your application should consist of the following:
- A completed Submission Form (page 2, following)
- An official transcript of grades with cumulative GPA highlighted
- Two letters of recommendation from Interior Design faculty
- A personal financial needs statement: in your own words, maximum of 50 words, state why you need this Scholarship and how it will be used.
Submit one original set of your entire application as described above by December 21st, 2016 via:
ASID NJ Chapter
PO Box 323
Midland Park, NJ 07432
Online (Email to): Administrator@NJ